Thursday, December 13, 2007

...here they are...

My Homage to Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon for the Good vs. Evil show @ BLVD. I decided not to sell these pieces because for some silly reason, I grew attached to them - I think mostly because it has been months since I've painted, so it was hard to let them go. Sadly, I was pulled from the show and not allowed to hang because of that. Understandable. So, I guess I can show them here:

The Good Guys
Roper, LEE, Williams


The Bad Guys
Bolo, Mr. Han, Ohara
these pieces are around 15" x 6"

Cel paint and gouache on wood, cut out pieces are basswood.

9 comments:

Joe Kresoja said...

Super Awesomeness!

plastic bandido said...

Maaaan these are so kick ass!!

Memo Diaz said...

Be like water....
These came out so goood!
Ohara w/ the bottles is the kicker of the bunch.Great execution on all of them.WE LOVE the stumpy !

KYMadan said...

Thanks you guys! Memah - I'm glad you remembered the bottles! HA. You guys did lovely lovely work. I wish I could've hung along side all your glory. ;-)

geenpool said...

these are sooo feckin' cool...they would have been sold in a heartbeat...good thing you didn't sell them, now we can hang them at work.

Anonymous said...

fantabulous!!

a : )

van dyke said...

What a good job you've done! Great expressions and use of color. Wonderful composition!

xenos said...

well, if you wanted to keep it then you did the right thing. if it hung at the show, it would have sold for sure. If you had good pictures take of it, maybe you can sell prints of it. i might be interested. there is bound to be other lee aficionados out there, right? it would probably do well at the cons...

Anonymous said...

WOW! Bruce was my childhood hero! These are awsome!