Tuesday, January 02, 2007

...paperwork...paperwork...paperwork


HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.
I'm finally in the process of changing my legal name (from Karin Yukiko Yamagiwa) and I've gotta tell you, it is a pain in the ass. Last week I got my new SSN#, City of Seattle business license, voter registration & driver's license (the bank wouldn't let me change my accounts unless I had a current picture I.D.) Then, the other day my credit cards and debit card stopped working - I call the bank to find that the halfwit bank agent I talked with accidentally closed my account, forgot to even place the order for my replacement cards and had ordered new checks with the wrong name on them! (Where is my cattle prod)
I have yet to change my passport (oh fun), bank investments, 401k, credit cards, car registration and title, car and medical insurance, and... all the online stuff I have accounts on. ACK. ACK. ACK. hairball! But, I AM THRILLED to say that I can finally say I am officially...uh, maybe about 55% Karin Yamagiwa Madan. HA.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch.

I'm so glad Jess kept her name. Besides, not having a delightful ring to it, the paperwork would be grounds for divorce.

No doubt.
Glad I came around to her way of thinking.

=s=

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry...but it's kinda funny..hehehe...i know, i'm a bastard, but, remember, i'm a daddy now, so you can't kill me...i love the little dancing animation as well...sooo feckin' cute!!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear your trouble, but you create an awesome illo with great storytelling!